Oct 10, 2010

Cosplay | Amplaz 9/10/2010

It has been a long time I didn't have a chance to took picture of cosplayers since the last time in Vredeburg. Last week on a cosplay event at SMA 7 I was in Jakarta. So when I heard about this event I was surely planning to be there, packed with my photography gears.

Hunting on a Mall was a challenge! It's a crowd area, you need to adapt with the distances, spaces, people activites, and indoor light condition. I remember changing the lens all the time to get best results and I didn't want to make the cosplayers to wait so I've got to did it fast. Tight close up is easier to get with 50mm fix lenses. It gives nice bokeh and lot of lights for it 1/1.8 apperture. But its tight focal length could be an action killer for shot that need full body shot and dramatic wide angle, that was when I decide to change into my 15-55mm kit lense. I also need to push ISO setting into 1600 (!) because I knew I will need to move alot, and got distraction alot. I think some noise is more tolerable than having blurry and unfocused pictures.
But overall, this was a great opportunity and learning, I crave for another photographic experiences like this.

My photography philosophy is both photographer and the model has the right to own the piccies, so here they are the high resolution version to grab, just click on the thumbnails, it linked to photobucket hosting directly. The resolution is 1074x1600 pixels, enough for a print or anythings.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More